Frequently Asked Questions
- I am interested in working abroad. How can I apply?
- Encountering problems while applying online?
- What are the basic requirements to work abroad?
- I am working abroad already but would like to work in Macau, can I apply to Ikon?
- How do I know if I get shortlisted or selected for a job?
- Do I need to go for an interview?
- If I am selected, who will take care of processing my papers?
- If I am currently employed can I continue to work while Ikon is processing my documents?
- I have applied to Ikon several times but have not heard back.
- How much will Ikon charge me for their services?
- I am interested in working abroad. How can I apply? Back to Top
Visit our website and social media pages to check all job vacancies available. Once you have selected jobs that match your skill set, you need to create an account on our website, www.ikonlink.com.
Simply go to the Login/Signup Page and complete the registration process to create an Ikon account. Even if there are no suitable vacancies at the moment, you should still register an account for future job openings.
To activate your account, you need to click the activation link that will be sent to your email. Once your account has been activated, you may complete your online application. Please make sure that you provide as much information as possible so our Recruitment Consultants can match your profile better with our job vacancies.
- Encountering problems while applying online? Back to Top
If you are having trouble applying online, you may be encountering any of the following issues:
o Ikon Account Not Activated
Before you apply, you need to create an account on our website. Once the account is created, Ikon will send you an email with an activation link that you need to click to activate your account. Please check your spam/ junk folders should you fail to receive this email notification in your inbox. Accounts that are not activated will not be captured in our database.
o Missing information
Some basic information must be captured in our database including name, birth date, gender, contact numbers and email address. Please ensure that these fields are properly filled out.
o Password retrieval
Simply click the forgot password link in the log-in page and you will receive your account credentials through your registered email address.
If you are still encountering problems, please do not hesitate to call/email us at [email protected].
- What are the basic requirements to work abroad? Back to Top
In order to work abroad, you will need an up-to-date resume, a valid passport, education credentials, employment certificates, training certificates or licenses, and a PEOS Certificate. You may also be asked to submit other documents as requested by employers.
- I am working abroad already but would like to work in Macau, can I apply to Ikon? Back to Top
Yes, you can apply to Ikon from anywhere in the world. Many of our clients prefer candidates who have had overseas job experience, so you may have a good chance of getting the job you want. Just follow the regular application procedure on our website.
- How do I know if I get shortlisted or selected for a job? Back to Top
We will contact you if you have been shortlisted or selected for a job via your contact number or email. Otherwise, your profile will remain in our database for future job vacancies.
- Do I need to go for an interview? Back to Top
You may be asked to undergo an online preliminary interview. Depending on the results of the preliminary interview, selected candidates will be contacted for a follow-up interview with the employer.
Please ensure that all your contact information provided in your application form is up to date so that you can be contacted by an Ikon representative. In case your contact information has changed, please update us immediately.
Since most interviews will now be done online, please make sure that you have set up accounts on the following platforms:
Whatsapp, Viber, Zoom, and Skype. Please click here for guidelines on how to set up your online accounts.
- If I am selected, who will take care of processing my papers? Back to Top
If you are selected for the position, Ikon will process all your documentation, including relevant medical examinations, POEA clearance, OWWA membership, etc. We will do our best to make sure you don’t need to make unnecessary trips to process your papers and the process is as smooth as possible for you.
- If I am currently employed can I continue to work while Ikon is processing my documents? Back to Top
Ikon strongly suggests that candidates continue with their work while processing their documents. However, we follow a strict timeline for processing your medical examination, submission of documents, etc. Ikon will be with you every step of the way and will work with you to ensure timely submission of requirements but there should be no delays on your part.
You may also need to render your resignation in advance, if you have a notice period, so as not to delay your deployment.
- I have applied to Ikon several times but have not heard back. Back to Top
One possibility is that your profile hasn’t matched up with our current vacancies. You will hear back from us as soon as we have a suitable opening. Updating your profile regularly is a good idea, as this will help us match and shortlist you for the right job.
- How much will Ikon charge me for their services? Back to Top
POEA allows recruitment agencies to collect a placement fee equivalent to one month’s basic salary. However, in many cases, candidates are not asked to pay any fees.