Reporting to the Assistant Head of Special Effects the Operation Technician is responsible for working as part of the Special Effects Team to install, maintain and operate special effects show elements and systems in a safe and consistent manner for The House of Dancing Water and all company events/ shows.
- Responsible for daily maintenance and operation of the special effects systems in a safe and consistent manner for performances, artist training, and maintenance operations.
- Inspect and maintain electronic, hydraulic, and motorized equipment and systems and all SFX systems; update maintenance and inspection records as directed.
- Maintain a safe working environment by conforming to all established safety policies and procedures; participate in all required safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training.
- Work with the teams in developing rescue and safety strategies.
- Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, rehearsals, training, maintenance, and evening show performances.
- Update maintenance and inspection records as directed.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of all Special Effects Department equipment specific to the production in order to operate it safely.
- Adhere to standards and regulations pertaining to the safety of lighting equipment, and comply with safe working methods.
- Participate in special projects, including the installation of new special effects show elements as directed.
- Follow and support the equipment and inventory management procedures and requirements as required by the company. Utilize the tools and procedures provided by the Central Maintenance Management System to maintain inventory and equipment data.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to superiors and relevant departments
- Perform other reasonable job duties as assigned by Manager, Property Services, and Assistant Head from time to time.
- One year as a special effects technician on a large-scale theatrical production; field experience with repairs of special effects equipment.
Experience within the field of special effects or related subjects desired
Skills / Competencies:
- Computer knowledge is required.
- Experience troubleshooting and operating LN2 fog systems, stage smoke/hazers, natural gas flame effects, and pyrotechnic effects; appropriate pyrotechnic and flame effects license an asset.
- Being fluent in English is essential.
- Fluency in Cantonese is an asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft software for Windows.
- Ability to swim is an asset.
- Familiarity with OSHA or IOSH guidelines.
- Electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems knowledge is an asset.
- PADI Dive Certification or desire and ability to learn to dive. (Training Provided)
- IRATA certification or desire and ability to receive IRATA certification. (Training Provided)
|Job Category||Macau Engineering Jobs|