Reporting to the Assistant Head of Sound, the Operation Technician is responsible for working as part of the Sound Team to install, maintain and operate lighting and electrical show elements and systems in a safe and consistent manner for The House of Dancing Water and all company events/ shows. The Operation Technician may participate as a console operator and assist with strategies to ensure a safe working environment at all times.
- Responsible for working as a part of the Sound team to maintain and operate sound, video, and communication equipment in a professional, safe, and consistent manner for The House of Dancing Water theatre production
- The incumbent may also assist as a secondary FOH operator, monitors operator, underwater system monitoring, show communication & video system configurations and repairs as well as wireless systems operation and maintenance
- Operate sound & related equipment in a professional and consistent manner for performances, artist training, and maintenance operations as requested
- Inspect and maintain all sound, video & communication equipment systems; update maintenance, inspection & inventory data as directed; ensure all documentation is accurate
- Maintain a safe working environment by conforming to all established safety policies and procedures; participate in all required safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training; ensure a clean working environment at all operational & workshop areas
- Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, rehearsals, training, maintenance, and evening show performances
- Develop a thorough knowledge of all Sound department equipment specific to the production in order to operate it correctly and accurately
- Accurate and consistent responsible communication of information
- Participate in special projects, including the installation of new sound show elements as directed & any off-site production-related tasks
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to superiors and relevant departments
- Perform other reasonable job duties as assigned by Manager, Property Services, and Assistant Head from time to time.
- 2 years as an electrics technician; field experience with repairs and troubleshooting, and the use of digital test equipment to perform such repairs; in-depth electrical and electronics knowledge and experience.
- College diploma in a related field
Skills / Competencies:
- Computer knowledge required, including Mac OSX & Windows 7 or higher operating systems
- Proficiency in operating and repairing equipment
- Electronics training and audio equipment repair skills an asset
- Ability to solder and repair electronic equipment to a reliable standard
- Ability to work in a team environment and troubleshoot across various areas and departments in high-pressure situations
- Possess a high-quality of work standards
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with a small team
- Fluent in English (written, and spoken) is required
- Fluent in Cantonese is an asset.
- PADI Dive Certification or desire to learn to dive. (Training Provided)
- IRATA certification or desire and ability to receive IRATA certification. (Training Provided)
|Macau Engineering Jobs