Reporting to the Manager and Assistant Head of Rigging, the Operation Technician is responsible to learn and execute all rigging show tracks, perform maintenance/inspections, and to support the technical needs of other departments.
- Assemble, construct, maintain, and operate all rigging equipment as needed for training, special events, rehearsals, and performances.
- Support the technical needs of all other departments.
- Learn and diligently execute all rigging show tracks, and perform maintenance/ inspections.
- Assist with the rigging of overhead stage equipment including lighting, sound, automation, scenery, and props during rehearsals, maintenance, and performances;
- Create relationships of trust with all aerial artists. Train them in the safe use of the rigging materials and all types of work, safety, and performance harnesses.
- Maintain a safe working environment by conforming to all established safety policies and procedures; participate in all required safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training;
- Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, rehearsals, training, maintenance, and evening show performances;
- Develop a thorough knowledge of all rigging equipment specific to The House of Dancing Water show in order to operate and maintain mechanized and manual rigging equipment safely;
- Assist with the establishment of a safe working environment at all times and conform to all safety standards;
- Support the rotation of work schedules for work calls, training, maintenance, and performances;
- Participate in the regular inspection of all installations.
- Support the artists at all times by assisting and guiding their interactions with all scenery and prop elements;
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to superiors and relevant departments
- Perform other reasonable job duties as assigned by Manager, Property Services, and Assistant Head from time to time
- Minimum of two years experience as a professional stage Rigger
- College diploma in a related field
Skills / Competencies:
- Certified rope access technician (SPRAT, IRATA, etc.). (Desired but not essential as training will be given).
- Experience as an acrobatic and/or theatrical rigger.
- Fluent in English (Written, Spoken) is required.
- Fluent in Cantonese is a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office suite, knowledge of File-Maker Database software
|Job Category||Macau Engineering Jobs|