Reporting to the Assistant Head of Special Effects the Operation Senior Technician is responsible for inspection, maintenance, and reporting, special projects preparation and execution, spare parts and equipment purchase plans, inventories, and storage monitoring for all the special effect systems in a safe and consistent manner for The House of Dancing Water and all company events/ shows.
- Responsible for daily maintenance of the special effects systems in a safe and consistent manner for performances, artist training, and maintenance operations.
- Assist in the Special Effects and show pre-set.
- Inspect and maintain electronic, hydraulic, and motorized equipment and any other Special Effects systems; update maintenance and inspection records as directed, manage all the fluid effects spare parts stock, and consumables, and report to the Manager of Special Effects.
- Maintain a safe working environment by conforming to all established safety policies and procedures; participate in all required safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training.
- Work with the teams in developing rescue, safety strategies, and safe work practices.
- Work with the team to develop and improve maintenance plans, system modifications, and improvements.
- Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, rehearsals, training, maintenance, and evening show performances.
- Participate in special projects, including the installation of new special effects show elements as directed.
- Adhere to standards and regulations pertaining to the safety of lighting equipment and comply with safe working methods.
- Follow and support the equipment and inventory management procedures and requirements as required by the company. Utilize the tools and procedures provided by the Central Maintenance Management System to maintain inventory and equipment data.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to superiors and relevant departments
- Perform other reasonable job duties as assigned by Manager, Property Services, and Assistant Head from time to time.
Two years experience in a related field
Experience within the field of special effects or related subjects desired
Skills / Competencies:
- Technical knowledge in various disciplines is required: electrical, plumbing, control systems, pressure vessels, pneumatic, and hydraulics, with a solid experience in industrial applications and installations.
- Must be technically minded and experienced.
- Experience troubleshooting technical systems.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Fluency in Cantonese is an asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft software for Windows.
- Ability to swim is an asset.
- To be scuba certified or be willing and able to become scuba certified and to work underwater.
- Familiarity with OSHA or IOSH guidelines.
- Electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems knowledge is an asset.
- PADI Dive Certification or desire and ability to learn to dive. (Training Provided)
- IRATA certification or desire and ability to receive IRATA certification. (Training Provided)
|Job Category||Macau Engineering Jobs|