Reporting to the Assistant Head, the Operation Senior Technician is responsible for working as part of the Lighting Team to install, maintain and operate lighting and electrical show elements and systems in a safe and consistent manner for The House of Dancing Water and all company events/ shows. The Lighting Operation Senior Technician may participate as a follow-spot and/or console operator and assist with strategies to ensure a safe working environment at all times.
- Responsible for working as a part of the lighting team to install, maintain, and operate theatre power and UPS systems; network and dimming system, lighting and projections consoles, as well as conventional, automated lighting and projection systems in a safe and consistent manner for The House of Dancing Water show and all company events/ shows.
- Ensure that lighting equipment is set up properly and consistent with the show concept through regular maintenance and inspections.
- Assist in the lighting and show pre-set.
- Operate Lighting Department show tracks including follow spot, if required, in a safe and consistent manner for performances, artist training, and maintenance operations.
- Operate the electric systems of the building in a safe and consistent manner for performances, artist training, and maintenance operations.
- Inspect and maintain lighting equipment and systems and update maintenance and inspection records as directed.
- Maintain a safe working environment by conforming to all established safety policies and procedures; participate in all required safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training.
- Work with the team in developing rescue and safety strategies.
- Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, rehearsals, training, maintenance, and evening show performances.
- Update maintenance and inspection records as directed.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of all electric equipment specific to production in order to operate it safely.
- Participate in special projects, including the installation of new electric show elements as directed.
- Adhere to standards and regulations pertaining to the safety of lighting equipment, and comply with safe working methods.
- Follow and support the equipment and inventory management procedures and requirements as required by the company. Utilize the tools and procedures provided by the Central Maintenance Management System to maintain inventory and equipment data.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to superiors and relevant departments
- Perform other reasonable job duties as assigned by Manager, Property Services, and Assistant Head from time to time
- 3 years as an electrics technician; field experience with repairs and troubleshooting, and the use of digital test equipment to perform such repairs; in-depth electrical and electronics knowledge and experience.
- 2 years of lighting maintenance management in a theatre, acrobatic or dance show environment.
- College diploma or equivalent experience in a related field.
Skills / Competencies:
- Computer knowledge in ACAD/Vectorworks, Filemaker, Lightwright, and other specialty lighting programs.
- Experience with large-scale production lighting systems, troubleshooting electrical systems, digital communications, and computer operations related to theatrical lighting.
- In-depth knowledge of hardware and software applications related to Lighting and Projection systems.
- Personnel management experience is an asset;
- Flexibility, autonomy, team player;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to handle contingencies and work well under pressure;
- Knowledge of Microsoft software for Windows;
- Fluent in English (Written, Spoken) is required.
- Fluent in Cantonese is an asset.
- PADI Dive Certification or desire to learn to dive. (Training Provided)
- IRATA certification or desire and ability to receive IRATA certification. (Training Provided)
|Job Category||Macau Engineering Jobs|