Reporting to the Assistant Head, the Operation Senior Technician is responsible for working as part of the automation team to install, maintain and operate automated show elements and systems in a safe and consistent manner for The House of Dancing Water and all company events/ shows. The Operation Senior Technician oversees the maintenance team and is responsible for the maintenance of the integrated electrical/mechanical automation systems and underwater scenic elements. The Operation Senior Technician will assist and liaise with the rest of the Automation department to achieve common goals and maintain the strategy of a safe working environment at all times. Additionally, the employee will participate in the development of the automated systems, interfaces and in operational and maintenance procedures.
- Responsible for the daily maintenance and service of the automated fly/stage lifts system and all other properties within the theatre.
- Operate the automation control console in a safe and consistent manner for all maintenance operations.
- Ensure that the work order-based maintenance database is up-to-date and all maintenance plans are followed accordingly and to schedule.
- Inspect and maintain electronic, hydraulic, and motorized equipment and systems.
- Update maintenance and inspection records as directed.
- Participate in the ordering and procuring of department supplies.
- Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, rehearsals, training, maintenance, and evening show performances.
- Maintain a safe working environment by conforming to all established safety policies and procedures.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of all automation Department equipment specific to the production in order to operate it safely.
- Overall see all special projects, including the installation of new automated show elements as directed by the Manager and Assistant Head of Automation.
- Participate alongside the Manager and Assistant Head of Automation in departmental training and the training development process.
- Lead the maintenance department to ensure reliable and safe equipment operation at all times.
- Have the ability to lead an entire maintenance team through the methodology of troubleshooting electrical and mechanical problems to enable a smooth and continued show.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to superiors and relevant departments.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as assigned by Assistant Head from time to time.
- 2 to 3 years of operational experience with large-scale theatrical automation systems.
- 1+ years of experience troubleshooting and/or maintaining large-scale theatrical automation systems.
- College Degree or equivalent experience in automation, theatre, or a related field.
Skills / Competencies:
- Experience with Stage Technologies eChameleon Software.
- Experience with FTSI Navigator Software.
- Experience with Stage One Qmotion/NextQ Software.
- Familiarity with MS Windows and MS Office Systems.
- Good knowledge of network systems, electrical, mechanical, and control theory.
- Understanding of PLC-based automation systems.
- Familiarity with OSHA or IOSH guidelines.
- Experience using a work order-based preventive maintenance database system.
- Experience with troubleshooting hydraulic systems is an asset.
- Wood/Metal fabrication skills are an asset.
- The ability to swim is an asset.
- Willingness and ability to be SCUBA certified and work in a water environment.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Fluency in Cantonese is an asset.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and/or hydraulic schematics.
- Experience in industrial hydraulics/pneumatics.
- The ability to use AutoCAD is an asset.
- PADI Dive Certification or desire and ability to learn to dive. (Training Provided)
- IRATA certification or desire and ability to receive IRATA certification. (Training Provided)
|Macau Engineering Jobs