Reporting to the Assistant Head, the Operation Technician is responsible for working as part of the automation team to install, maintain and operate automated show elements and systems in a safe and consistent manner for The House of Dancing Water and all company events/ shows. The Operation Technician will be responsible for the maintenance of the integrated electrical/mechanical automation systems and underwater scenic elements. The Operation Technician will work with the crew and other technical departments to achieve common goals and always maintain the strategy of a safe working environment. Additionally, the employee will participate in the development of the automated systems, interfaces, and operational and maintenance procedures.
- Responsible for the daily maintenance and service of the Automated Fly/Stage Lifts system and Properties within the theatre.
- Operate the automation control console in a safe and consistent manner for performances, artist training, and maintenance operations.
- Maintain cue track documentation and participate in cue track rotation as directed.
- Participate in the ongoing development of an inspection schedule for the installations and participate in such inspections regularly.
- Inspect and maintain electronic, hydraulic, and motorized equipment and systems.
- Update maintenance and inspection records as directed.
- Participate in the ordering and procuring of department supplies.
- Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, rehearsals, training, maintenance, and evening show performances.
- Maintain a safe working environment by conforming to all established safety policies and procedures
- Develop a thorough knowledge of all automation Department equipment specific to the production in order to operate it safely.
- Participate in special projects, including the installation of new automated show elements as directed.
- Participate in department training and development process.
- Have the ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems to enable a smooth and continued show.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to superiors and relevant departments
- Perform other reasonable job duties as assigned by Assistant Head and Operation Senior Technician from time to time
1-2 years experience in a related field
Experience within the field of automation or related subject desired
Skills / Competencies:
- Familiarity with MS Windows and MS Office Systems.
- Knowledge of networks systems, electrical, mechanical, and control theory is an asset
- Understanding of PLC-based automation systems.
- Familiarity with OSHA or IOSH guidelines.
- Experience using a work order-based preventive maintenance database system.
- Experience with troubleshooting hydraulic systems is an asset.
- Wood/Metal fabrication skills are an asset.
- The ability to swim is an asset.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Fluency in Cantonese is an asset.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and/or hydraulic schematics.
- Experience in industrial hydraulics/pneumatics.
- The ability to use AutoCAD is an asset.
- PADI Dive Certification or desire and ability to learn to dive. (Training Provided)
- IRATA certification or desire and ability to receive IRATA certification. (Training Provided)
|Macau Engineering Jobs