Reporting to the Manager of Props & Carpentry, Assistant Head is responsible for supporting, assisting, and, when needed, managing the team of Carpentry and Props team. Assistant Head will be part of the team and as such help and support the team to install, maintain, and operate show elements and systems in a safe and consistent manner for The House of Dancing Water and all company events/ shows. The Assistant Head oversees the team responsible for the maintenance of the integrated electrical/mechanical dry scenic elements and underwater scenic elements. Additionally, the employee will participate in the development, operations, and maintenance procedures for all dry and underwater scenic elements that pertain to the department.
- Responsible for supervising the carpentry department’s operations and coordinating stage activities in the absence of the Manager of Props & Carpentry
- Lead the carpentry crew in troubleshooting scenic show systems and related acrobatic equipment during performances.
- Run cue tracks to position scenic elements and related equipment as directed for performances, artist training, and maintenance.
- Inspect and maintain equipment, stage, and backstage areas; update maintenance and inspection records as directed; work with the Manager of Props & Carpentry to develop systems and procedures.
- Maintain a safe working environment by conforming to all established safety policies and procedures; participate in all required safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training.
- Work with the teams in developing rescue and safety strategies.
- Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, rehearsals, training, maintenance, and evening show performances.
- Maintain carpentry departmental documentation and reporting
- Coordinate rehearsals and work calls with other departments
- Serve as departmental purchasing liaison
- Supervision of moto off-site facility and collation of weekly Moto statistics
- Develop a thorough knowledge of all backstage equipment specific to the production in order to operate equipment safely
- Participate in and oversee special projects, including the construction and installation of new scenic show elements
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to superiors and relevant departments
- Perform other reasonable job duties as assigned by Manager, Property Services from time to time
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a mechanic or carpenter
- College degree in a related field.
- Advanced technical experience in related field
Skills / Competencies:
- In-depth experience as a stage carpenter for large-scale productions; formal fall protection and other safety training an asset; woodworking, floor repair, fiberglass, metalworking, rigging, welding, mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical skills an asset.
- Ability to swim and willingness to learn SCUBA.
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- AutoCAD experience is a plus.
- Fluency in English (Written, Spoken) is required;
- Fluency in Cantonese is an asset
- PADI Dive Certification or desire and ability to learn to dive. (Training Provided)
- IRATA certification or desire and ability to receive IRATA certification. (Training Provided)
|Macau Engineering Jobs