Reporting to the Manager of Automation, the Assistant Head of Automation is responsible for assisting the Manager in the oversight of all global and day-to-day operational needs including scheduling and supervision of all work calls. Primary functions will include the mitigation of Manager’s specific frontline management duties while supervising automation department operations and coordinating departmental activities in the absence of the Manager. This includes but is not limited to leading the entirety of the automation team to operate automated show and underwater scenic element systems in a safe and consistent manner for The House of Dancing Water and all company events/ shows. While under the guidance of the Manager of Automation, the Assistant Head of Automation will be required to supervise and participate in the ongoing development of department SOPs.
- Be responsible with the Manager of Automation to advise on the safe use of automated systems.
- Supervise the organization and upkeep of the automation department’s documentation and inspection records.
- Implementation and supervision of all automation training programs including the frequency of occurrence and contents.
- Operate automation control console for performances, artist training, and maintenance when required.
- Assist the Manager of Automation in planning equipment and system modifications to accommodate show changes.
- Support the Manager of Automation with the completion of staff performance reviews, and assist with hiring new employees.
- Organize and update all departmental documentation including as-built schematics, structural drawings, and operation and maintenance manuals.
- Assist the Manager of Automation in the management of all procurement and suppliers for the equipment under the department’s responsibility.
- As directed by the Manager of Automation, oversee the safe and consistent operation of the automation system during performances and rehearsals.
- Adhere to and promote all OSHA/IOSH regulations as they pertain to the safe operation of all elements related to the show; participate in all required health and safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training.
- Work with the teams in developing rescue and safety strategies.
- Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, rehearsals, training, maintenance, and evening show performances.
- Inspect and maintain electronic, hydraulic, and motorized equipment and systems; update maintenance and inspection records as directed; work with the Head of Automation to develop systems and procedures.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of all Automation Department equipment specific to the production in order to operate equipment safely.
- Participate in and oversee special projects, including the installation of new automated show elements.
- Assist the Manager of Automation and Human Resources in enforcing all show and departmental policies including the support and participation in any and all progressive discipline processes as needed.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to superiors and relevant departments
- Perform other reasonable job duties as assigned by Manager, Property Services from time to time
- College Degree or equivalent experience in automation, theatre or a related field.
- An electrical or mechanical engineering qualification or relevant years of related experience.
- Frontline management training is an asset.
- 3 to 5 years of operational experience leading a team of automation technicians in a large-scale theatrical automation system.
- 2 to 3 years of experience troubleshooting and/or maintaining large-scale theatrical automation systems.
Other Essential Skills
- Experience with Stage Technologies Chameleon 5 Software.
- Experience with FTSI Navigator Software.
- Experience with Stage One Qmotion/NextQ Software.
- Familiarity with MS Windows and MS Office Systems.
- Good knowledge of network systems & electrical, mechanical, and control theory.
- Understanding of PLC-based automation systems.
- Familiarity with OSHA or IOSH guidelines.
- Experience using a work order-based preventive maintenance database system.
- Willingness and ability to be SCUBA certified and work in a water environment.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Fluency in Cantonese is an asset.
- The ability to use AutoCAD is an asset.
- PADI Dive Certification or desire and ability to learn to dive. (Training Provided)
- IRATA certification or desire and ability to receive IRATA certification. (Training Provided)
|Job Category||Macau Engineering Jobs|